Monday, April 28, 2014

A 100 Happy Days

This Meme-like craze has been going aaround for quite a while now, mainly at Instagram. And you know what I love it! Though I havent started posting on this topic, myself, I feel the idea is fantastic. Theres so much to celebrate! Really there's something nice happening to each one of us every single day, only if we stop and take out a minute to appreciate it.

The other day my friend's daughter spotted Flamingos right here between the-hustle bustle of New Mumbai. What a sight it must have been? I'm sure it made the mother, the daughter and everybody with them at that moment really happy at that moment.

How many of us care to acknowledge those little moments of sheer pleasure that come with no strings attached? I love the idea of the '100 happy days exercise' for the simple reason that it puts us in touch with ourselves. What we are deep within. The critics may call it another chance of gloating Vanity. They may also shrug it off by saying who needs to participate in this to know that we are happy? I've read a comment from a person that went something like, " Who needs that? There are more than a 100 days in my life of happiness!" Phbt!!!You just dint get it, did you?

For me, counting my blessings has always been the best exercise to keep me smiling when I go to bed at night, like the great legend Zohra prescribed at her 102nd birthday. For me, Art and writing give me a happiness from the core of my heart, like nothing else. (Please don't read too much into that. My children and my family are my LIFE so I dint mention them in the same breath as Art & Writing)

Well, Art has come back to me, recently after a gap of almost a decade and must I say it has given me immense pleasure to be holding the brushes and sploshing about in those beautiful colours. Like, those who know me would say, I have multiple interests and hobbies. At the risk of sounding boastful I will say, I am multi-talented but that leaves me with the feeling that I fall short of time. There's just so much to do, explore, enjoy!
One fine morning in February this year, I woke up with the thought 'This is ONE life to live!' My past life is a mystery and I as Vibhuti will never know whether there's another life beyond when I can fulfill my wishes. Liek a glutton I was wondering whether who knows I'd even have these wishes in the nect life. What the heck, You Only Live Once!
And this thought sparked yet another idea that there may be people with so many of their own wishes and wants. What if these dreams could be custom designed and delivered. Fashion became my means and I took up my tools to do just that. Thus was born my own little house of hand-painted, bespoke, fashion accessories.

And ever since its inception this baby of mine has given me immense joy. A big reason to smile!
I have been custom designing a few pieces here and there and the responses from my patrons is oh, so overwheleming! Painting their wishes into reality and accepting accolade for it has become my addiction (in a constructive sense, ofcourse)!


Though custom-designed for Cheryl Mehta, this mobile case is representative of my present state of mind too. Was so happy while I was painting this.
And many have written in to me saying that they connect with the spirit at 'YOLO'.
Follow me at http://instagram.com/vibzb. I have a 100 and odd posts, each that gave me reasons to be happy.
My FB Shop for YOLO by Vibz will soon be hitting a double century.
I can only say VIBZ is yet again so very Thankful for all the love. Yes, Indeed I have many reasons to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment